Thursday, August 19, 2010

slam preaching

I am intrigued by the concept of slam preaching (although as I understand it slam poetry is competative so I'm not suggesting anything other than dialogue here). Jonny Baker's challenge of a 60 second sermon would be quite a feat: I am going to try it!!I think it's especially applicable in the world of social networking.
Recently OMGodchurch.com based on the Anglican church of Holy Trinity in Gisborne was launched. It's the brainchild of Blake Ramage and has the backing of the Bishop of Waiapu. The facebook page is being launched today.
A comment on the wall early on was " A second changes everything" .....5 second sermon???

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea -a real example of less is more. I'm reminded of that Bible in 50 Words, reading. Imagine taking this further and having a team approach 5 x 1 min of preaching by 5 different preachers. The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete